Founded in 1979, the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) cultivates a future in which sustainable and organic farmers thrive, local food nourishes our communities, and agricultural practices protect and enhance our environment.
What We Do:
- Annual Conference--OEFFA's popular and inspiring sustainable agriculture conference features nationally-recognized speakers, a trade show, children's activities, entertainment, locally sourced meals, and more than 70 workshops taught by experienced OEFFA members, farmers, and researchers.
- Farm Tours, Workshops, and Webinars--OEFFA's annual series of free public farm tours features organic and ecological farms and gardens, providing unique opportunities for the public to see, taste, feel, and learn about alternative production systems directly from farmers. We also offer workshops, webinars, and other educational opportunities that help producers build their farming, business, and marketing skills.
- Organic Certification and Transition--One of the oldest and most respected programs in the nation, OEFFA's Certification program ensures that farmers and processors meet organic's high standards, which protect farmers, consumers, and the environment. To help farmers navigate the transition to organic, OEFFA has dedicated education staff, resources, and services.
- Begin Farming--OEFFA's Begin Farming program provides aspiring and early career farmers the support they need to understand what it takes to get into farming and grow their businesses. Paid apprenticeships, in-depth workshops, mentoring, staff support, and networking opportunities are designed to help sustainable and organic farmers succeed.
- Farm Policy Matters--OEFFA advocates for state and federal policies that protect and benefit sustainable agriculture, research and education, and the public's right to know. Working with our members, we give voice to concerned citizens and ecological family farmers who are safeguarding the environment and providing us with healthy and nutritious food choices.
- Stay Informed--OEFFA's quarterly newsletter updates members on OEFFA's work; regional, state, and national news; production and marketing information; resources, and events. OEFFA's monthly policy bulletin, action alerts, and blog provides food and farm policy updates and advocacy opportunities. Follow OEFFA's Facebook page, Facebook groups, and Instagram and Twitter accounts for news about events and sustainable agriculture. OEFFA's website is packed with useful information and resources, including the Good Earth Guide, which the public can search for local and organic food and farm products from OEFFA members.
- Learn From Each Other--OEFFA members are an invaluable source of practical knowledge and experience. OEFFA's Farmer Information Network connects individuals with production and marketing questions with experienced farmers who have the answers. OEFFA's Seasonal Farm Job listings link job seekers with host farms.
Read our membership brochure.
Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association
41 Croswell Rd.
Columbus OH 43214
OEFFA: (614) 421-2022
OEFFA Certification: (614) 262-2022